Friday, June 30, 2006

Public Service Announcement - seriously.

This is why you don't scream while playing in a pool. It's like crying "wolf." This poor kid yelled for help while DROWNING in a park pool because the neighbors who heard his cries decided that loud yelling from the pool area was , "such a common occurrence during the summer, they say, that they don't bother calling the police." His body was found at 4pm the next day in the pool.

The kids who live across the street from me scream and screech so much from their pool. It's absolutely terrible. How do I know when they're unattended? How can I tell the difference between a crazy game of Marco Polo and holy crap, bobby just hit his head on the diving board? When I was little, Dad you can probably attest to this, I was a pretty quiet one. And I remember that both of the pools I swam in (the Rossettos and the Holtes for those of you keeping track) definitely had 'no yelling' rules.

Ah - I don't know why this bothers me so much... But he was 12!

1 comment:

d$ said...

you know, that reminds me... all thoes times i used to pretend i was drowning in the medfield gardens pool, not one person ever came out to see if i was ok! and i thought i was a jerk.