Friday, January 27, 2006

Frey admits fictions, Oprah apologizes - Yahoo! News

Frey admits fictions, Oprah apologizes - Yahoo! News:

"'All the way through the book I altered details about every one of the
characters,' Frey said, to disguise true identities."


Wow.

I'd been following this story fairly closely. Granted I didn't go to the Smoking Gun website, but I had faith in Frey. Why? Because I believe in Oprah. Why? Oh my God... I don't know!! What is it about that woman that absorbs my trust like a sponge?

Here's what made me chuckle aloud while reading this article (aka a list of the funny parts so you don't have to read it):

Frey: "This hasn't been a great day for me..."
Ha! Ya think?

Frey: "I feel like I came here and I have been honest with you. I have, you know, essentially admitted to ..."
"Lying," Winfrey interrupted.
OH SNAP!

He spent two hours in jail, not 87 days, and the account of his breaking up with a woman who later committed suicide happened in a much shorter period of time, with their separation occurring while he was taking care of personal business in North Carolina, not while he was in jail, he said.
2 ≠ 87, however depending on which parts of North Carolina you're in...

Asked if The Smoking Gun Web site, which first questioned the book, had accurately characterized the discrepancies, Frey said "I think most of what they wrote was pretty accurate," adding they did "a good job."
One must give credit when credit is due.

Winfrey asked if that was to make a better book or to make him a better person.
"Probably both," he answered.

At this point, honesty is probably the best policy.

1 comment:

josh said...

hey oprah, i've got a bridge in brooklyn i'd like to sell ya!