Friday, January 13, 2006

To whom it may concern:

Dear Bank of America,

As you may know, you've been on my shit list for a while now. Many East Coast bank tellers have confused Washington State and Washington DC (even with a Seattle address...) turning my quick trips to the bank into a completely wasted lunch hour. The ATM in Medfield, MA is not to be trusted when making deposits, as it "misplaced" smuggs' pay check. This forced us to go inside and talk to the teller who looks like a rabbit with bad highlights (another strike against you BoA, I'm afraid.) I had to get my pictures taken twice when I opened my checking, savings, and credit card accounts. Upon receiving my cards, I noticed that neither my ATM card nor my credit card had pictures on them, and my name was spelled incorrectly.

Finally, last week I made an online transfer from my (new Connecticut) Checking to my (new Connecticut) Savings account. The transfer went through immediately once- great. When I checked my account statement the next day, I learned that the transfer was repeated. Not once (ehh okay, I can move the money back) but twice (OVERDRAFT). Then, since you all are on top of your game, the last transfer was moved back into my checking account. For a small fee, of course (wtf!). Ten dollars later, my money was safe and sound in balanced accounts.

This letter is to thank you for giving me back my ten dollars after I convinced you of how ridiculous this fee was in the first place. If I can move money back and forth in seconds (which I hesitate to do now...) then you, the experts, can certainly do it with your hands behind your backs. Is that worth $10? I doubt it.

Anyway, thanks for the credit to my account. I guess I'll put up with a few more years of your crap until I change banks. I leave you with a few thoughts -

- Please explain fees when you take money out of my accounts, "monthly processing" is not a good excuse in my book.
- It may be beneficial to provide your tellers with a map of most of the major US cities (or a list of the states).
- Try to downplay the impression that you are a national bank when, in fact, each state's records are seperate, and the accounts cannot be accessed in the same way when you are not at home. ("Bank of America" is a bit misleading)
- What kind of paperwork does a rabbit need to provide to get a job in retail banking?

I realize this may be too much to ask, but I thought I'd try.

Thanks for giving me my $10 back,
-Laura

3 comments:

d$ said...

uuurrrgghhh! the BoA lost my paychecks not once but TWICE! it was even two different tellers!! and also it should be called "Bank of America except for within a hundred miles of where dominique goes to school".. fuckers.
the one good thing ive found is that their customer service personell are pushovers, so at even the slightest raise of your voice they reimburse overdraft fees.

josh said...

the people need a post!

LauraDorf said...

read about shatner, i've had a busy week.